Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nick Jonas: The Obama Girls Beat Me at Ping-Pong!


It's hard to imagine what will be more exciting for Sasha and Malia Obama next week: their father's historic swearing-in to the Oval Office – or seeing the Jonas Brothers perform live.

"We know Sasha and Malia are fans of 'Burning Up,' so we'll be playing that," Nick, who will perform with his brothers during next week's Inaugural festivities in Washington, D.C., told reporters at a Television Critics Association panel for their Disney series Jonas Friday.

This won't be the Jonas's first encounter with the First Family-to-be: Nick, 16, says the Obama girls beat him at ping-pong backstage at The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "[There was] a little pressure with the 25 Secret Service agents there," Joe Jonas, 19, piped up in his little brother's defense.


The Jonas's Camp Rock co-star Demi Lovato is also Washington-bound. "I'm ridiculously nervous, to a point where I don't know what I'll be able to do with myself," she said.

"It's a huge honor to be a part of this especially because it's not any just any other president. It's an amazing opportunity," said Lovato, 16, adding that she would be performing "Get Back" and "La La Land" from her album.

Although she's not old enough, Lovato says she can't wait to vote and is interested in politics. "We'll get into political debates, me and my friends, and I get into heated debates," she says, adding that she won't share her viewpoints publicly. "I'm definitely private on that matter."

With any luck, Nick Jonas says this won't be his last time in the nation's capital: "I've always talked about working in the White House one day," he quipped.

0 comments: